Accessibility Statement for Key West Maritime Historical Society Website
Key West Maritime Historical Society is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Key West Maritime Historical Society takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Key West Maritime Historical Society Website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Key West Maritime Historical Society Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Key West Maritime Historical Society Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Key West Maritime Historical Society Website:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing address: P.O. Box 695, Key West FL 33041
We try to respond to feedback within 24 hours. Over weekends, vacations, and holidays, there may be a longer response time.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Key West Maritime Historical Society Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- The latest versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge, Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox are all compatible browsers.
Accessibility of Key West Maritime Historical Society Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Key West Maritime Historical Society Website, there may be some limitations. Our website is built using the content management system, WordPress. Plugins are third-party developed tools and we do not have the capability to have these fixed. We have reached out to the third-party developer and have made them aware of the ADA non-compliance issue.
Below is a description of known limitations. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed.
Known limitations for Key West Maritime Historical Society Website:
- Missing form label
- PDF files on website
Key West Maritime Historical Society assessed the accessibility of Key West Maritime Historical Society Website by the following approaches:
- Self-evaluation – the entire site was tested using the WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool, created by WebAIM.org, a third-party authority in web accessibility.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Key West Maritime Historical Society
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 1 business day and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to Key West Maritime Historical Society, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.